Monday, September 22, 2008

What if...???

Recently saw "God Tussi Great ho" and found it a pathetic Indianized copy of Bruce Almighty. But the movie became a great topic for debate between my hubby and me. He found the movie "entertaining" whereas for me the movie was a complete waste of time. Then out of the blue, he popped me a question: "What if u were given a chance to change the world in 10 days??? What would you do without being selfish?" Simple enough...for a start, I would stop all terrorism activities, all those bomb blasts, communal riots...that would spread peace everywhere. But how??? To my surprise, I couldnt think of any ideas to do so. Digging deeper I found some possible solutions.....illiteracy and poverty. Earlier I thought, these two go hand-in-hand, but seeing the current ruling (read illiterate)politicians, I've changed my mind. So next lets irradicate illiteracy. I wondered if that would help. The brain man behind the recent bomb blasts came to my mind. He was very well-educated, working in a good company, had a well-paying job and a wonderful family. Still, he did spread pain and terror in the name of religion. So simply reducing illiteracy will not help. The mindset of the people has to change. Why not merge all religions into one common religion? One common caste,one religion, religion of humanity. At least people would not kill each other using religion as an excuse.
Oh, but then people would start killing in the name of states...the place u were born in, the place where u work, the place where ur parents lived, soon it would come down to the place where ur dog was born....kill those who encroach on ur area. Isnt that what dogs do? Go around marking their property and snarl at anyone who dares to cross it?
So, only creating a single religion would not help. Then how about creating one big common country without boundaries for people to live happily ever after? No boundaries, no demarcations, anyone and everyone can be proud of their country rather than of their state or city. But then people would fight over countries...which land belongs to which country. Rather than sharing and enjoying it, start a war and make hell out of a paradise.
So would the solution be vanishing all boundaries between countries too? Imagine a boundary free world....where people only know the religion humanity...everyone is well-educated, trying to make the world a better place to live in........
Too much of a task even for God to be done in 10 days or even in a lifetime....population has increased too much to be controlled and organized....the world has gone beyond turning back....finally, it struck me. What would you do to a very dirty table cloth? Put it into the washing machine. I would try the same with the world. Wash out everything existing. Create a brand new world. Isnt that called doomsday? I guess THAT would really be an end to all problems.

5 comments:

Aditya Tripathi said...

Wow .................... excellent thought ..... between please let me add something, in washing m/c you do not create new clothes, you wash the existing ones and clean them .......... so brain wash may be good idea and hypnotyse everyone for a long time and feed the only piece as a goal in everyone's mind, isn't it simple :-)Rest of the things people will take care on their own.

Bhakti Salvi said...

AKT, I would be playing God only for 10 days. I can hypnotize them for 10 days, but what about after that? and not even God can change people's minds....nor can God sort between good people and bad people.

Aditya Tripathi said...

arey Hypnotize ek baar karna hota hai ............ uska undo nahin karo .......... don't let them come back from that state ........... arey GOD can do anything, can change ppl's mind, you remember in Ramayan, jab kumbhakaran ne bahut tapasya ki thi tab he was about to ask something from GOD jo ki Prithvi ke liye vinashkari ho sakta tha phir saraswati ji ne uski buddhi parivartit kar di an what he asked was 6 months sleep and 6 months waking up ..........
If you don't beat I have one more PJ, what to do agar tumhein chahiye har insaan shanti ke saath rahe, shanti ke liye jiye etc ............... socho socho ................... har ladki ka name shanti rakh do :D

bhagwati lal said...

A dooms day doesn't looks like a bad idea to me. I wish there was one restart button somewhere in the world.. or there is one and only God know about that? only God knows :)

Madhuri Shinde said...

Hmmm...I'll have to think about doomsday...good piece...I am happy that ur simplicity and innocence is still intact :)